Sunday, May 6, 2012

Mother's Day Acrylic Album

Happy Spring! I hope everyone's enjoying the warmer, even if it is wet, weather. ; ) My family and I have been suffering from a nasty stomach flu this week and so for me to finish a project is a miracle, but I have done it. It seems like finishing projects is a miracle these days whether I'm sick or not. However, Mother's Day is next weekend as you know and I hadn't yet started anything for my mother in law, even though I've had ideas swimming around in my head for weeks. My very sweet and generous friend Brandy, who is a scrapbooking goddess (Paper Crafting OCBrandy Style), sent me a really cute, naked, acrylic tag album in a recent card swap as well as some other goodies. I have never done an acrylic album before, but I think I may have discovered a new favorite! I love that you can layer top and bottom and that if you leave one page blank, you can see the page (see page 3/4. The photo is matted, but the rest of the tag is blank.) behind creating a new dimension. Love it, love it, love it! I also loved the size and shape of this album. It measures about 3x6" and I used standard 2 1/4 x 3" wallet sized photos except for the 1.5" circle punched photos. Those varied. Also, the photo of my husband and I was cropped from a 4x6". I used Restoration collection papers and stickers from Crate Paper along with some MS punches, Fiskars punches and flat backed adhesive pearls. I did some fussy cutting and hand stamping and inked all edges with Tim Holtz Walnut distress ink. It was super easy and so fun! I am very pleased with it. Now, go find something to make Mom. You know she'll love it.
Page 1

Page 2

Page 3

Page 4

Page 5

Page 6

Page 7

Page 8



Follow Me on Pinterest

2 comments:

  1. I love everything about it Mandi! :) You rocked this acrylic album! Your MIL is going to love it!!

    ReplyDelete